Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Livemint
Livemint
National
Livemint

Sidhu Moose Wala's last rites today, HC seeks Punjab govt's reply on security withdrawal order. 10 points

Residents of Moosa village, fans and followers of Punjabi singer Sidhu Moose Wala gather outside his house to mourn his death in Mansa district of Punjab on Monday.  (HT_PRINT)

Here are the top updates on this story:

1) A day after the Punjab Police had curtailed the security cover of 420 people, Sidhu Moose Wala was shot dead in the Mansa district of Punjab on Sunday evening.

2) While on Monday, Punjab Police detained six people from Dehradun's Peliyon Police Chowki area in connection with Moose Wala's murder, said STF sources.

3) So far, Uttarakhand STF and Punjab STF, in a joint operation with Dehradun Police, have detained six people who allegedly provided support to the assailants in killing Sidhu Moose Wala by cordoning off the Shimla bypass Naya Gaon outpost.

4) Additionally, the Special Cell of Delhi Police has also begun questioning Lawrence Bishnoi in Tihar jail in connection with Sidhu Moose Wala's murder case after Canada-based Goldy Brar claimed responsibility for the murder. 

5) Brar is a close aide of Bishnoi, who is also said to be involved in the singer's murder.

6) Punjab Police in their preliminary investigation linked the murder to an inter-gang rivalry. 

7) Punjab Police have registered an FIR against unknown persons after Sidhu Moose Wala was shot dead by unidentified assailants in Jawaharke village of Mansa district. 

8) The FIR has been registered under sections 302, 307, and 341 of the Indian Penal Code and sections 25 and 27 of the Arms Act at City-1 at Mansa Police Station.

9) Following the public outrage over the death of the singer, Punjab High Court on Monday issued a notice to the state government, seeking a detailed report on the number of people whose security was reduced or withdrawn and the reason for the decision.

10) Satya Pal Jain, Additional Solicitor General of India informed, "court has issued notice to Punjab government asking for a detailed report on the number of people whose security was taken away and reason for curtailing the security. Reply has to be filed by Punjab government on June 2."

(With inputs from agencies)

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.