A millionaire businesswoman who was “violently” assaulted on the London Underground has called on Sir Sadiq Khan for an urgent audit of the network’s Help Points after she was abandoned for 30 minutes at a station platform.
Sally Wynter was travelling on the Victoria line from work to her South London home last Thursday when a man “knocked her sideways” into the train’s glass window.
But Ms Wynter — an entrepreneur who sold her alcohol brand MUHU five years ago in a deal worth over £1 million after growing up on benefits — stood on the spot for half an hour with no response from the intercom, despite being “traumatised”.
A man in 30s was on Wednesday arrested on suspicion of assault following the incident just after 4.30pm on March 27.
The suspect — who was described as bald with a “thick Caribbean accent” and wearing a puffer jacket — departed the carriage at Green Park after hurting Ms Wynter, leaving her “shocked”.
However, fellow passengers stood by and failed to help the 30-year-old who was “completely in bits” after the “frightening” attack.
“I ended up standing there in that spot for about half an hour, and no one stopped voluntarily,” Ms Wynter, who was raised in Haringey, North London, told The Standard.
“Everyone knows something’s happening. Like, someone (myself) was bawling their eyes out on the train.”

She got off the Tube at Oxford Circus and hit the emergency button at one of the station’s Help Points at least four times, hoping to catch the attacker, only to hear nothing.
She said: “There were tears streaming down my face and I actually talked to two old ladies to ask them for some tissues.
“That phases me as a sad reflection on the lack of care we have for each other as human beings in a big city like London.”
@sallyhooha ♬ original sound - Sally | Graduate Jobs 🤓
Eventually, Ms Wynter called 999 to report the incident and the British Transport Police (BTP) told her the suspect matched the description of someone who shortly after the attack kicked a child at the Green Park ticket hall.
However, the assailant allegedly walked free after the youngster’s parents decided not to press charges.
She was contacted by Transport for London after detailing her ordeal to more TikTok, but stressed: “It is difficult to have confidence (in TfL and the police) when there have been multiple failings.
This is not just a London issue; it's a wider issue
“I do worry that if it had been another person who hadn't got over a million views on social media they would have had the same response.”
Ms Wynter has called for a meeting with the London mayor to lobby for an audit of all emergency Help Points at major Underground stations.
She has also called on Transport Secretary Heidi Alexander to urgently review all rail Help Points in Britain after an Office of Rail and Road audit last year found a quarter of stations had at least one machine reported as broken.
“This is not just an isolated incident,” Ms Wynter said. “This is not just a London issue; It's a wider issue.”

“It is dangerous for a number of reasons, but there's also just bog standard people down there who may need help.”
A BTP spokesman said: “A man in his 30s from the South Norwood area has been arrested on suspicion of assault, following an incident on a Victoria Line train on 27 March. He remains in police custody.
“We continue to appeal to witnesses or anyone with information to get in touch by texting 61016 or calling 0800 405040 quoting reference 523 of 27 March.”
Siwan Hayward, TfL’s Director for Security, Policing and Enforcement, said: “Safety is our top priority and we are truly sorry for the experience that Ms Wynter had seeking help at one of our stations.
“It must have been very distressing and it should not have happened. Everyone should feel safe when travelling on our network. If anyone is a victim or witness of a crime they should be able to access help and support straight away.

“We train our staff to support customers and to help report incidents to the police. We are investigating as a matter of urgency why Ms Wynter did not get the help she should have and have reached out to her to offer support.”
A spokesperson for the Mayor of London: “The Mayor's thoughts are with Sally Wynter following the incident she experienced on the London Underground last week. Everyone should be and feel safe in London. The British Transport Police are investigating and an arrest has been made. The Mayor urges anyone with information to get in touch with them.
“All passengers who use the TfL network deserve to be and feel safe, with complete confidence that if things do go wrong, help is always available. In most cases, TfL staff serve Londoners incredibly well, taking deep pride in delivering an excellent service and supporting customers when needed, including in complex and sometimes distressing situations.”