Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
The National (Scotland)
The National (Scotland)
National
Alasdair Ferguson

Man charged over damage caused to Donald Trump's Turnberry golf course

A MAN has been charged in connection with vandalism at the Trump Turnberry golf course earlier this month. 

Police confirmed that a 33-year-old man has been charged on Friday in connection with damage caused to the Turnberry golf course.  

Officers were alerted to damage caused by protesters at the South Ayrshire golf course and clubhouse which is owned by US President Donald Trump

The 33-year-old was initially arrested on Wednesday, March 12, police said, and he is now due to appear at Ayr Sheriff Court on Monday, March 31.  

Police said enquiries into the incident are still ongoing. 

During the protest, activists dug up the greens and spray painted the words “Gaza is not for sale” across the lawn of the golf course. 

Activists with Palestine Action said they targeted Trump’s golf course over the US administration’s plan “to ethnically cleanse Gaza”. 

On Thursday two people aged 75 and 66 in the Highlands were also arrested in connection with the vandalism at the Turnberry course. 

Police said the pair have been released pending further enquiries.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.