Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
The Hindu
The Hindu
National
Special Correspondent

Man, accused of wife’s murder, found dead

A 46-year-old man who had purportedly murdered his wife in broad daylight last year allegedly jumped into a well and died on Friday afternoon.

Selvaraj of Mangattukonam, near Pothencode, who was out on bail in the case allegedly jumped into the well around 3 p.m., the Pothencode police said.

Selvaraj purportedly slit his wife Prabha’s neck with a knife on August 31 last year after waylaying her. The couple had had an argument a few days before Prabha’s death.

Selvaraj’s body was fished out by the Fire and Rescue Services. It has been shifted to the Government Medical College Hospital mortuary, the police said.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.