
Police evacuated Vienna's main railway station over an unspecified threat, halting trains for around 90 minutes.
While the police did not describe the threat that happened on Monday afternoon, some Austrian media said it was a bomb threat.
Austria suffered a series of empty bomb threats last year that prompted the clearing of larger stations, causing delays to train traffic.
After 90 minutes, police gave the all-clear shortly before national rail company OBB said trains were running again.
“Good news! Our trains are running again at Vienna main station. Please expect continued delays and train cancellations," OBB said on X.
"A large police operation is underway at Vienna's main station. After an incoming threat, the station is being evacuated," police said earlier on X, urging the public to avoid any unnecessary trips to the station, a major rail hub.
The police added later that other forms of public transport through the station had been halted. The station is also a hub for underground, tram and bus transport.
Screens in the main station displayed “Please leave the building immediately! ALARM”, according to local media outlets.
The OBB app had also stated that no journeys were expected to be possible until at least 6pm local time, Der Standard reported.