
CONTENT WARNING: This article discusses allegations of sexual assault and misconduct.
Restaurateur Maurice Terzini has formally stepped down from Icebergs Dining Room and Bar following allegations he protected his son Sylvester Terzini amid numerous sexual misconduct and sexual assault claims.
In a statement to the Sydney Morning Herald on Wednesday, a spokesperson for the group confirmed Maurice had resigned as director.
“Maurice Terzini has agreed to resign as a director of the Icebergs Dining room and Bar business, and has stood down from any involvement in the business as we conduct an independent review of the issues raised in the SMH reports. That review is underway,” they said, per the publication.
The publication previously reported the veteran restaurateur — whose businesses in Sydney and Melbourne include Bondi’s Icebergs Dining Room, CicciaBella, Jacksons on George and Snack Kitchen — was allegedly aware of multiple women who sought to press charges against Sylvester but he continued to employ him in at least seven of his restaurants.
It reported there were at least nine alleged victims between 2016 and 2023, including claims of oral and anal rape, following a months-long investigation. Sylvester has denied the allegations against him.

On Saturday, Maurice had broken his silence regarding the shocking claims, stating on Instagram that the allegations made against one of his family members have been “hurtful” as well as damaging to his reputation.
He refuted claims that he was aware of the allegedly violent behaviour or that he intended to “cover up” issues within any of his businesses.
“There are private health matters concerning one of my family members, where professional counsel has been sought. The allegations are not ones against me directly yet the inferences have been hurtful and damaging to my reputation,” Maurice wrote on Saturday, March 22.
“Processes and resources are in place in my businesses to ensure that all of our valued and loyal staff and our much loved guests feel safe in our environments and that issues at any time can be raised. I have taken some leave to allow my family some space and to ensure that my business partners can conduct the independent reviews that they deem appropriate.”

Per the Sydney Morning Herald, the 60-year-old previously told investors he was aware of only one allegation against his 32-year-old son, which was a sexual touching without consent charge that was dismissed in 2021.
Prior to this, the publication reported on allegations of two women who alleged they were attacked by Sylvester while sleeping and another person claimed they were sexually assaulted in a Sydney nightclub bathroom. The startling claims also included accusations of violent rages, alleging Sylvester pulled a knife out in front of colleagues at Icebergs Dining Room and Restaurant Hubert.
None of the alleged sexual attacks are understood to have taken place inside Maurice’s venues, although several of the alleged victims claim they first met Sylvester at one of the restaurants or connected businesses.
In his statement this past weekend, Maurice indicated he would stand by his son while a probe was underway.
“As a father, my priority has always been my children. In this storm, my mother reminded me that sometimes as parents we act with the best intentions, but sometimes we are challenged. All parents face times of family uncertainty,” he said.
Help is available.
- If you require immediate assistance, please call 000.
- If you’d like to speak to someone about sexual violence, please call the 1800 Respect hotline on 1800 737 732 or chat online.
- Under 25? You can reach Kids Helpline at 1800 55 1800 or chat online.
The post Bondi Icebergs Owner Maurice Terzini Resigns After Sexual Assault Allegations Against Son appeared first on PEDESTRIAN.TV .